"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..."
HUMAN!GWEN: [by Kiddy-chan@deviantart] | [by mothybutt@tumblr] | [by wearebattlerobots@tumblr]
[by qeti@tumblr] | [bottom, by nosdoog@tumblr] | [by e r y u e@gaia] | [by assfruit@tumblr] | [by rongi@tumblr]
HARPY!GWEN: [by prismboy@deviantart, accurate] | [by earthkid@gaia, accurate]
[by wearebattlerobots@tumblr, accurate except neck should be featherless]
[by pidie@tumblr, accurate except neck should be featherless] | [by iXee@gaia, accurate from waist up]
[by Selva Dali@tinierme, accurate from waist up] | [bottom by kitangel@tumblr, accurate] | Photobucket
QUICK NOTES FOR POTENTIAL ARTISTS
Eye colour: Dark orange
Hair: Red, short, bangs swoop to HER left.
Body type: 5'0'', petite, rather flat chested.
Short personality: Cute, easily flustered, apologizes a lot over the tiniest mistakes, quiet, shy, awkward around people she doesn't know, a doormat. HOWEVER, when under the symbiont's influence, she is loud, violent, prone to erratic and sudden behavioural changes (can go from standing and talking to attacking without warning), and does a lot of weird things (head drooping or cocked back and to the side/tongue hanging out or licking her teeth or lips/eyes half open with a dark smile on her face/etc. etc.).
Distinguishing features: No tits, has a pair of small, rectangular-framed glasses she wears when she is alone, turns into a SPACE HARPY under certain circumstances.
Outfits: Cute stuff that doesn't show a lot of skin.
Themesong: NORMAL!GWEN: Silver Cruiser - Röyksopp; PSYCHO!GWEN: Sharpening Her Talons - Robert Rich; BATTLE THEME: Thin RED Line - Daisuke Ishiwatari
Universe: THIS ONE
- Gwen is VERY easily flustered, and often apologizes too much for her own good, even over incidents that aren't her fault.
- She is incredibly meek, and finds it hard to stand up for herself. Thus, she's relatively easy to push around.
- Shy and awkward, Gwen tends to freeze up in social situations with people whom she does not know. She also has an awful fear of offending others with the things she says, so she tends to keep quiet unless around people she knows very well. She is always on eggshells.
- As well, she has ridiculous self-esteem issues. She is very insecure and has no confidence in herself or her own abilities, puts herself down constantly, and never feels like she is doing a good enough job.
- She finds it hard to approach people and make friends, so she clings very tight to the friendships she has, and will do everything she can to preserve them. Unfortunately, she can sometimes come off as clingy or needy because of this.
- Ever since the symbiont made its home in her body, however, if she's shoved hard enough, she will become violent, irrational, and pretty much insane (more info on that below).
- Growing up, Gwen was always rather shy, and never had many friends, as she was far too reserved to approach people. Being picked on in her younger school years for being quiet or weak or boring or plain left her with persistent self-esteem issues, and made her believe the reason she didn't have a lot of friends was because she was somehow worse a person than everybody else or 'not good enough' to deserve friendship.
- Because of this, her closest friends were usually the ducks in the lake, or the pigeons in the park. She developed a fondness for birds, and their freedom, that stuck with her.
- AND SO, in junior year of highschool, when her parents finally bought her a pet parrot, she was overjoyed! However, after only four months, the parrot began to act strangely, pulling out its own feathers and making rather ugly noises. They thought it was only stress, but when the bird unexpectedly died overnight, leaving a single egg in its wake, Gwen knew something else was wrong.
- She hid the egg from her parents and looked after it as a sort of honour to her bird's memory, though the egg ended up hatching... into a horrible symbiotic alien blob that forced its way down her throat and merged with her against her will.
- The symbiont needed a host to live, and it tried to use the parrot, though was rejected, and managed to escape dying with it through a fake egg. Once it had regained strength and left the egg, it was perfectly able to use Gwen for its host. HOWEVER, the symbiont's species is notorious in other galaxies, as generations of being symbiotic have left the members mentally unsound, and that instability tends to affect their hosts. WHOOPS~*~*~
ALTERNATE FORM & ABILITIES
- Remnants of the bird's DNA left over from the symbiont's failed first attempt at bonding carried over to Gwen and altered her own genetic structure, causing bird-like features to appear. Though the symbiont can suppress the changes for periods of time (like when its host is in public), Gwen must deal with this altered, harpy-esque form at home.
- Her arms become green wings with blue tips.
- Her bottom half is like a bird's, her legs ending in sharp clawed feet, and green-blue feathers covering everything from her waist to her actual legs. Everything from her collarbone down to an inch or two above her navel is also covered in feathers, though sometimes she wears a large, baggy shirt with the sleeves cut out anyway, feeling awkward to technically be sitting around 'naked.'
- A large, broad feathered tail extends from her lower back.
- She has two feathery antennae sprouting from her head, and she just has feathers extending back from where her ears should be.
- ABILITY-WISE, Gwen is a bit stronger, faster, and more assertive than before thanks to the symbiont, though the true extent of the alien's influence is shown only during her violent episodes, where she displays almost unreal amounts of stamina and strength.
- In these moments, she is also completely batshit and probably has no idea what she's really doing (her logic and reasoning take a little nap). She displays erratic and unpredictable behaviour, including slurred speech, sudden emotional outbursts, jerky or strange movement, and WANTON VIOLENCE. In this state, when she attacks, it's pretty much like a frenzied animal-- she'll do anything and everything to eliminate the perceived threat and any part of her body or her surroundings that she can use to aid her in this goal is something she'll consider. It doesn't help that her pain responses are dulled, so she'll pretty much fight until she's snapped out of it, rendered unconscious, or killed.
- A sudden shock or surprise will snap her out of her frenzy, usually resulting in her passing out. She has only foggy remembrances of what happened, if any at all.
- While she does not necessarily enjoy her alien predicament, she and the symbiont have become rather close. The symbiont's original form was a blob of shiny blue slime with a lime green blotch in the middle (like the nucleus of a cell, almost). It's friendly, helpful, understanding, and cares deeply for Gwen beyond a simple symbiont/host relationship. However, if its own survival is jeopardized, it will begin to lose control of itself, and push Gwen into insanity along with it. Similarly, if Gwen herself feels threatened or pressured to a breaking point, she will snap, and the symbiont will do so with her. Their thoughts and desires are synchronized during these bouts of insanity, and neither can be sane unless the other is as well.
- She and Leon were on relatively good terms before the symbiont came along. She has no idea why Leon suddenly began avoiding her.
- She's scared to death of Tobias... despite the fact she kicked the shit out of him in their first encounter.
- IN A CROSSOVER-VERSE, Gwen and Noel have a very odd relationship in that Noel completely controls Gwen and makes her do shit for her all the time, and Gwen is too much of a doormat to speak against being pushed around.
- Gets teased a lot about looking like a 10 year old boy.
- Has a pet parrot named Walnut.
- Is a Connect 4 master.
- Closet yaoi fan.